RULES OF PLAY:
1. All games will be ONE 40-minute running time. (45-minute ice times) 3 min warm up.
have all players clear center ice a penalty shot will be awarded to the team who was just scored on.
8. There are no time outs.
9. If a puck is deflected out of the rink there will be a normal face off in the appropriate place.
1. Player shifts will be 1 minute and 30 seconds in length. A buzzer will run to signal the end of each shift.
2. Bench doors MUST REMAIN CLOSED until the sound of the buzzer. If for any reason the buzzer does not sound, the players must wait until it does. Failure do so will result in a penalty shot
3. Once the buzzer sounds, players must relinquish control of the puck immediately where it is and vacate the ice. The new players may enter onto the ice surface immediately.
4. Failure to immediately relinquish control of the puck at the buzzer or new players entering the ice surface prematurely may result in a penalty for the offending team.
1. All penalties will result in a breakaway situation for the offended player. The referee will place the puck on the centre face-off spot and the remaining players will line up, stationary, behind the backside blue line. Play will commence on the refereeâ€™s command and the shift resumes as normal. If the offended player is injured and unable to perform the breakaway, the coach will assign one (1) player from the ice to replace that player.
2. The play will be continuous, rebounds are live during a penalty shot.
3. Coincidental penalties shall result in a face-off at centre ice.
4. Any player having been assessed three (3) minor penalties in the same game will be automatically ejected from that game.
5. Any hit from behind will result in the player being ejected from the game.
6. When a penalty is called, the clock will NOT stop.
7. If the minute shift finalizes during a penalty breakaway situation, the buzzer will be held (or should be disregarded if set automatically) and the players will be allowed to finish the exercise, but must vacate the ice immediately after the save or goal.
8. A hand pass will result in a penalty shot
1. Up to (3) three volunteer coaches may be on the bench during a game.
2. Coaches are required to make every effort to ensure equal ice time for all 3 on 3 participants.
1. Points will be earned by this format: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss. 2. Games are to remain as ties during round robin.
3. A tie in total points after round-robin play will be decided as follows:
Goal Differential Fewest Goals Allowed
Total Goals Scored
Head to Head
SEMI & FINAL GAMES ONLY:
1. Shoot out-3 shooters will be picked and if still tied, shooters will be selected one by one until one team outscores the other. All players must have a turn before any player is chosen again for the shootout.
2. A Mercy Rule will be in effect whereby, only a 7-goal difference will be shown on the score clock at any time.
END OF GAME
A customary handshake will take place at the end of each game.